Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surviving Georgia review

By LUTHER KAASBRADEN*

Surviving Georgia was not a film I had booked to see. I was taken a long by my sister who had told me there was a flick with Holly Valance in that I should see. When I arrived and learnt that it ws a romantic story I was initially cautious as this is not a genre I particularly like. BUT... I have to say I was really taken with both the story and the film.

The story is lovingly told and well crafted. Performances from Holly Valance and Shane Jacobson are at once amusing and endearing. In fact the entire cast shine in this film. Caroline O'Connor makes a great contribution as the somewhat quirky and stressful mother of Valance and Pia Miranda, who both hold their own in emotionally charged scenes that pull at your heart.

The son in this film is also very good. I hadn't seen him before and hope to see mope of Toby Wallace. I also enjoyed a great performance from Spencer McLaren (from Secret Life of Us if you remember on C4) who is also credited as producing.

Overall, a film that touches your heart, and leaves you with a smile. What more could you want? *My son Luther contributed this review as part of a Junior High School project -- DAVID KAASBRADEN

No comments:

Post a Comment